Operation Christmas Child collects shoeboxes filled with gifts and delivers them to children in need around the world.
Every one of these shoebox gifts is an opportunity for the Gospel. Not only do they send your gifts around the world, but they offer an opportunity to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Each box comes with a connection to a local church with a simple booklet that explains the Love of Jesus. You can be a part of this worldwide effort to grow the Kingdom of God even in places where the Gospel has never been heard.
How to pack a Shoebox
- Shoebox: Take 1 or 2 from the table.
- Decide if you want a Boy or Girl and then decide the age (2-4 Years Old, 5-9 Years Old or 10-14 Years Old).
- "Wow" Toy: Select a quality toy such as a doll, soccer ball (deflated) with pump or stuffed animal.
- Other gifts: Fill with fun toys, hygiene items or school supplies.
- PRAY: Most importantly, pray for the child who will receive your gift. You can include a note and photo.
- Include $9 donation: A donation of $9 is critical to cover shipping and other project costs. Give online through Follow your Box and discover the destination of your shoebox.
- Drop Off: Bring your shoebox to church. Our church is a drop off facility for the National Collection Week November 13-20, 2017.
- TOYS: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, soccer ball with pump, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes. balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- SCHOOL SUPPLIES: Pens, pencils, sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring books and picture books, etc.
- NON-LIQUID HYGIENE ITEMS: Toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- ACCESSORIES- T-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches. flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- A PERSONAL NOTE: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
- DO NOT INCLUDE: Candy; toothpaste; used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; seeds; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
I WANT TO HELP WITH THE FOLLOWING DROP OFF DATES & TIMES:
We are also a drop-off center. This means, the week of the 13th, churches and organizations from all over NJ & PA will be bringing their OCC boxes to us. We help collect them, pray over them, and ship them off in a big semi-trailer to the regional center in Mt. Laurel. If you are free any of the times below, please sign up to help us sort the thousands of boxes we will be receiving!
Please bring your filled shoeboxes to the back door of the church.