TRUNK OR TREAT
Our Fall Community Event will be on Sunday October 29th from 3-5 pm at The Youth Warehouse- 1580 Reed Road- Pennington. Children of all ages are invited to attend. We need your help by giving out invites, donating candy or committing to a trunk.
HOW DO I HOST A TRUNK?
The single biggest thing you can do to help at the event is to host a trunk. We need 40-50 trunks for the event to work. Trunks are where the magic happen: You decorate with a theme, bring a large container of candy (we suggest 25lbs of candy), create a small game for the kids to play and INTERACT! Make children laugh, introduce yourself to parents, start conversations. This event is about loving the community. Your trunk is our means to start loving connections with our neighbors!
WHAT ARE SOME GOOD THEMES?
There are two rules we have for trunk themes:
- Nothing gory
- Nothing occult (no witches, ghosts, demons or devils)
Everything else is fair game. Such as:
- Children Story themes: (minions, Disney, fairytales, etc.)
- Animals (make it look like a lion, a hipo, a tiger, a bear)
- Hobbies (This is easiest as you have the materials - fishing, hiking, bowling)
- Creative Faces (Also easy)
- Movies (Superhero, Classics, Animations)
- Anything else you can think of.
- Here is a link of many ideas including pictures. Please remember the above two rules as we are linking to an organization that is not us.